Following the advent of both the building regulations and latest planning guidelines, and the issue of noise control in housing has never been more important. Planning guidance generally requires a noise survey to be conducted at the planning stage to assess the overall suitability of the site’s noise climate for residential development. With it comes the possibility of noise control measures being necessary as part of planning conditions.
The building regulations cover both newly built and converted dwellings and lay down strict requirements for acoustic insulation between flats and adjoining houses to mitigate against disturbance between neighbours.
From basic site surveys and the full testing of buildings, through to detailed noise control modelling and design, planning applications and appeals, PDA can offer a full acoustic consultancy service.
Philip Dunbavin Acoustics Ltd. services include the following:
- Full environmental noise surveys.
- Acoustic testing in accordance with the building regulations.
- Noise modelling and detailed noise control design.
- Liaison with local authorities, etc.
- Planning services, expert witnessing, proof of evidence, public enquiries, etc.