A poorly designed acoustic environment can lead to fatigue and loss of concentration on behalf of its occupants. Noise is also an important part of external and/or industry-standard design targets such as the BREEAM assessment.
Be it an office or classroom, through to a lecture theatre or studio, the acoustic conditions must be carefully controlled and are most effectively tackled at the design stage. From computer modelling and prediction to state-of-the art acoustic measurements, PDA can offer a full service to all parts of the design and build stages of any project.
The following are an example of the services we offer:
- Protection from external noise sources.
- Control of internally generated noise.
- Speech privacy between areas.
- Internal room acoustics for the control of the sound field and speech intelligibility, with or without sound masking systems.
- Control of the reverberant environment.