Hospitals are not the first type of building that spring to mind when considering problems with noise and acoustics.
Those of us who have been in-patients in the past may have had a poor night’s sleep due to what seems like constant activity on the wards or adjacent corridors. These are minor irritants compared to the problems of speech privacy, mechanical services noise and environmental noise. PDA offers a full design service in all aspects of hospital acoustics.
Philip Dunbavin Acoustics Ltd. services include the following:
- Environmental noise surveys.
- Building envelope design to control the break-in of external noise.
- The control of mechanical services noise to the environment.
- The control of reverberation times.
- Speech privacy for consulting rooms and other sensitive areas.
- Acoustic testing of the completed hospital.