Nightclubs and related leisure facilities such as function rooms, pubs, bowling alleys, laser quests, etc. are a strong growth industry in noise and acoustics-related architecture.
The single biggest problem associated with this area of work is caused by the dramatic increase in low frequency noise, particularly the repetitive thump of modern dance music. Such low frequency thumping is not only highly disturbing and a frequent nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act, but also very difficult to control if not tackled properly. Other issues such as mechanical services noise, risks to employees’ hearing under the Noise at Work Regulations, internal room acoustics, and sound system specification are also an important aspect of an acoustic consultant’s brief.
Philip Dunbavin Acoustics Ltd. services include the following:
- Internal noise to the external environment.
- External environmental noise affecting the internal climate of the facility.
- Noise transmission between areas of the facility.
- Mechanical services noise.
- Internal room acoustics.
- Noise at Work Assessments.
- Initial surveys, detailed design, liaison with various authorities, design team meetings, site inspections, commissioning etc.