In 2003 the Building Regulations changed with the introduction of mandatory testing of 10% of all new attached homes whether new build, conversions or rooms for residential purposes. Builders now have to provide the Building Control Body with evidence of the sound insulation actually achieved in the dwellings. Builders and developers may also require evidence that sound insulation meets the requirements of BREEAM.

In order to conduct sound insulation testing the test bodies should be either UKAS accredited or ANC registered. All of PDA’s testers are ANC registered and are distributed across our offices so that we can ensure a fast response to builders who want to expedite the hand over process.

We offer air tightness testing to comply with Part L1A&B of the Building Regulations.

Request A Consultation