The design of a modern multi-screen cinema is very complex and failure to address all of the issues can result in a less than saleable cinema seat. The advent of digital surround sound places very stringent acoustic requirements if the high quality sound is to be realised in practice.
Philip Dunbavin Acoustics Ltd. services include the following:
- Baseline environmental noise surveys
- Specification to meet operator requirements and standards
- Design of the shell to control the break-in of noise from external sources
- Control of sound bleed between adjacent screens
- Control of mechanical services noise to low levels in the screens
- Design to optimise the internal acoustics such as reverberation times and the elimination of acoustic defects such as flutter echoes etc.
- Control of structure-borne noise and vibration